A study has confirmed what many people already know – that a bright, white smile can make us more attractive.
This is because a bright smile is the human equivalent of a peacock’s flashy tail – an indicator of good health and genetic strength that can help attract friends, jobs, and even mates.
Researchers from the universities of Central Lancashire and Leeds photographed models and then digitally changed the colour and spacing of their teeth. Three shades were used – a yellowish brown, healthy white, and an extreme white that can only be achieved by bleaching. To no one’s surprise, the white teeth were judged to be most attractive.
What is take home whitening?
Professional in-home whitening kits include custom-made trays to ensure the whitening solution is properly distributed.
The process of obtaining and using an in-home teeth whitening kit takes multiple visits:
- Impressions are taken of both your upper and lower teeth using non-toxic moulding agent. These are sent to a specialty lab to manufacture your customised trays. This takes between one to two weeks.
- In the same appointment, the original shade of your teeth is recorded in your dental chart for comparison when the whitening is completed.
- When your trays are ready, an appointment is set to show you how to properly handle and apply the whitening solution, and any other instructions necessary to reach the optimal results.
- Before beginning the at-home whitening, you need to brush, floss, and rinse completely.
- Application of the whitening solution is normally performed for an hour each day, for a two week period. Avoid eating, drinking, or smoking while wearing the trays and continue to do so for 30 minutes after the trays come off.
- After two weeks, a follow-up appointment tracks your results, compares them to your reference shade, and assesses how close you are to your goal.
- Additional whitening solution can be used for touch-ups as needed.
What is Zoom whitening?
Zoom is one of the most popular whitening systems for achieving dazzling, long-lasting results. Zoom is an in-office bleaching treatment that is notable for its ability to quickly brighten teeth from the effects of discolouration and stains. The Zoom treatment takes only one appointment of about an hour, though preliminary evaluation and a teeth cleaning are recommended ahead of Zoom whitening.
Zoom Whitening whitens your teeth just like regular teeth whitening. It removes stains that cannot be removed by regular whitening. The bleaching gel used in the process is stronger, thereby removing more stains from your teeth.
Zoom teeth whitening is an in-office procedure. The procedure itself takes about an hour, but the entire appointment, including an exam and cleaning, might take up to 90 minutes, give or take.
You’ll have a quick exam to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy enough for whitening, and to see if you have dental restorations like bridges or crowns. If you need a cleaning, we will give you one.
The Zoom whitening treatment begins with protecting your gums and soft tissues including a protective layer on your gums.
A layer of the Zoom whitening agent is applied to the front of your teeth and the laser light is applied (don’t worry, your eyes will be safe from the laser!) to your teeth. Individual rounds of whitening are 15 minutes, and you can expect to undergo four of them.
After each round, we may add more whitening agent, or adjust the light. In between, we check the progress of your whitening. In some cases it takes less than 4 rounds and whitening ends early.
When you leave, we’ll give you a list of food and drink that must be avoided for the next 48 hours. Anything red, dark, spicy, or savoury, is going to be forbidden. And no smoking; at all!
The substance (pellicle) that naturally protects your teeth from surface staining is worn off by Zoom, and it takes about two days to grow back. Many patients prefer to get their teeth whitened early in the week so that they aren’t tempted to eat ‘bad’ foods by weekend fun.
If you are looking for whiter teeth in Brisbane, North Brisbane, Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Northlakes, or Griffin, Warner Lakes Dental allows you the flexibility to choose between at-home and Zoom whitening!
The Warner Lakes Dental Care Experience
Warner Lakes Dental wants your visit to be the quickest and most convenient dental experience possible. From parking to treatment, we try to make the entire process as simple and painless as possible.
From routine check-ups and cleans to root canals, extractions, and cosmetic treatments, Warner Lakes Dental is your partner in dental health.
Affordable teeth whitening in Warner, Warner Lakes, Joyner, Whiteside, Cashmere, Albany Creek, Aspley, Bridgeman Downs, Strathpine, Brendale, Bray Park, Eatons Hill, Griffin, Lawnton, Petrie, North Brisbane and Brisbane.
Teeth Whitening Promotions
In Chair $399 (normally valued at $899)
Package (In Chair + Take Home) $599 (normally valued at $1200)
Call (07) 3448 0162 or visit us at Warner Lakes Medical Precinct 1185B Old North Rd in Warner.