When the nerve of the tooth is affected by infection or decay, root canal treatment is recommended.
The procedure was first developed more than 200 years ago, but with the advent of modern dentistry and anaesthetics, the procedure has become more practical and successful.
At Warner Lakes Dental, we are continuously updating our practices and we make efforts to stay abreast of the latest technical and methodologies in the science of endodontics.
Signs Possibly Requiring Root Canal Treatment
- Sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks
- An abscess on the gums
- Severe and persistent toothache pain
- Swelling or tenderness
Background on what makes Root Canal Treatment Necessary
The teeth are composed of three basic layers:
- The enamel’s hard outer layer that forms the visible crown of the teeth
- The dentine, which is under the enamel, supporting the crown of the tooth
- The root canal is the hollow centre of the tooth extending from the base of the roots to the centre of the tooth. It is filled with a soft, organic material that contains nerves and blood vessels supplying nutrients to the tooth.
When the dental pulp becomes infected, root canal treatment may become necessary to save the original tooth. Saving and restoring your teeth is always a desirable alternative to tooth replacement treatments.
The Procedure of Root Canal Treatment
The concept of root canal treatment is simple; on the other hand, it’s a complicated procedure that requires a highly skilled and experienced dentist. Warner Lakes Dental have been performing root canal procedures for many years. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of dental care in the safest and most effective way possible.
A root canal treatment procedure will consist of the following steps:
- A thorough examination will determine the exact cause of the problem as well as the best solution to address the situation.
- The infected root canal will be exposed. Then, the dental pulp, nerves and blood vessels will be removed.
- This will be followed by cleaning the root canal chamber and preparing the interior root canal wall surfaces
- Lastly, the root canal will be sealed by installing a crown or permanent filling.
Successful Root Canal Treatment at Warner Lakes Dental
The doctors at Warner Lakes Dental are on your side. We want you to enjoy the finest oral health and long-lasting, problem-free dental solutions. We offer the most modern, effective dental care services. If you are experiencing tooth pain, please visit us as soon as possible. We can restore and save your original teeth with root canal treatment before it’s too late.
New Latest State of the Art Technology for Pain Less Injection and Anaesthesia
- Very comfortable
- Reduces anxiety
- Quick onset and easy to use
- Straight back to work without the numb feeling of face/lips
Call us today or book your appointment online.