New Year, New Smile: 5 Resolutions For Oral Health
The New Year is an ideal time to make resolutions for improving your general health by improving your dental health. You might make dental resolutions from improving your tooth brushing habits to finishing dental treatment you have put on the backburner.
Whatever your goals are, it is important to begin taking small steps to achieve them. Practicality and consistency are the keys to keeping to any New Year resolutions that you make.
At Warner Lakes Dental, we are here to help you make and keep New Year’s resolutions that can help you year-round!
Our Resolutions for You
- Brush and floss regularly. This simple resolution reinforces something many of us are already doing that is one of the best ways to maintain oral health. Brushing twice a day for two minutes or more and flossing in the evening are the first steps to a stunning smile in 2017!
- Eat more mouth-healthy foods. The difference between a healthy smile and too much time in the dentist’s chair can be your diet. Even if you practice a perfect oral hygiene routine, it might be hard to keep your teeth healthy, if you don’t watch what you eat. In 2017, focus on low-sugar, high-fibre foods that will not only help you general health, but will keep your teeth free of cavities.
- Visit your dentist regularly. This is nearly as simple as brushing and flossing. Put your dentist on your calendar at least twice a year, and then make sure to go! Your Warner Lakes Dental practitioner can keep your mouth in tip-top shape and help increase your overall health and appearance.
- Quit Smoking! If you smoke, there is nothing more important you can do to improve your oral and overall health than to quit. Smoking increases the risk for both gum disease and oral cancer. Ask your Warner dentist or hygienist for help in quitting smoking.
- Work on your teeth, gums, and smile! Now is the time to treat any nagging dental issues that you still might have. Braces, crowns, or veneers can improve the ability to chew and give you a winning smile to present to the world.
Dingy or stained teeth can be whitened, resulting in improved appearance. There are a variety of dental treatments to enhance your smile and improve your dental health, and your Warner Lakes dentist will be happy to discuss them with you.
Dental Care for the New Year at Warner Lakes Dental
At Warner Lakes Dental we aim to give you the smile of your dreams for 2017 and beyond. We provide attentive, skilled care and focus on prevention of disease, decay, and too many dentist appointments in the future.
We are your trusted dental care partners in Warner. Call us today or book your appointment online.