National Children’s Week at Warner Lakes Dental
During the month of October, Warner Lakes Dental celebrates National Children’s Week.
In support of this event, your Warner dentist reinforces the importance of oral health in children as well as helping parents with techniques to keep their child’s smile on track!
At Children’s Week, our dentists and staff are taking this opportunity to share oral health tips and raise awareness of the importance of paediatric dental care at an early age.
The Path to Improved Oral Health
Healthy teeth are very important to your child’s overall health.
Proper oral care helps set good dental habits as your child grows. Poor oral care leads to infection, disease, or other teeth problems.
Practise dental hygiene with these tips:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Warner dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Warner Lakes Dental Can Help
Visiting the dentist from a young age will help your child be more comfortable. It also establishes the good habit of regular dental check-ups. Bring your child for a check-up with your Warner dentist twice a year.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Warner
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at Warner Lakes Medical Precinct, 1185B Old North Road in Warner.