Dental emergencies are common among children, especially for active kids who can injure themselves during play.
Having a basic knowledge of how to handle a child’s dental emergency can help your child prevent tooth loss and other possible dental issues.
In case of dental injury, your dentist at Warner Lakes Dental can provide useful information to help manage your child’s emergency.
- Rinse mouth with warm water or slightly salty water
- Floss the teeth to remove any food trapped between them
- Apply a cold compress to the cheeks around the affected area
- It’s okay to give your child an over-the-counter pain medication if needed. However, avoid giving them aspirin or applying medication directly to the tooth or gum area
- If the piece of tooth is still intact, store it in milk or saliva (the patient’s preferably)
- Seal it in a plastic bag or wrap
- See your dentist as soon as possible
- Rinse your child’s mouth with warm water
- Apply a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Pick the tooth up by the crown, not the root
- Rinse the tooth in saline solution or milk.
- See your dentist as soon as possible.
- You can try to use a pencil eraser to move the wire into a better position
- If that doesn’t work place some gum, gauze or cotton over the end of the wire
- Go to the nearest dental clinic as soon as possible
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will continue in 2020
In the news:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
“The Minister for Health, the Hon Greg Hunt … advised the ADA that a number of changes to the CDBS have been finalised and will take effect on 1 January 2020.”
Bulk Bill for children who are eligible for MEDICARE CHILD DENTAL BENEFIT SCHEDULE
Up to $1000 worth of dental treatments over two years
Guaranteed Same Day Dental Emergency Appointment in Warner
If you are experiencing a dental emergency and in need of professional help, call us as soon as possible for an emergency appointment. Our responsive team will quickly attend to your needs to help you feel at ease while providing you the relief you need for a toothache or injury.
Every effort will be made to see you the same day. When it comes to a dental emergency, Warner Lakes Dental is your best choice.
We are your trusted dental care partners in Warner. Call us today or book your appointment online.