With Valentine’s Day just ahead, Warner Lakes Dental would like to take this opportunity to remind our patients to be extra careful when choosing their Valentine’s treats and to take special care of their teeth.
On a day that only comes second to Halloween for sugar intake!
We’d also like to help you have a great time in the romance department – making sure that bad breath doesn’t ruin any special plans you might have.
On Valentine’s Day, nothing is as sexy and confidence building as a full, white smile accompanied by good breath and health.
To maximise your dental health and attractiveness on Valentine’s Day, Warner Lakes Dental offers the following tips:
Zoom! Whitening At Warner Lakes Dental
Surprise your sweetie or family with your smile! Nothing makes you look more kissable than a great smile. At Warner Lakes Dental, we can brighten your smile up to 8 shades in just one visit with our remarkable Zoom! Whitening.
Zoom! Whitening whitens your teeth in less than an hour. You can visit us on Valentine’s Day morning, and have a brighter smile by lunch!
Beat bad breath, plaque, and tartar with a cleaning! Get your teeth kissably clean and smooth with a checkup and cleaning from your Warner Lakes Dental dentist.
Cleaner Teeth At Warner Lakes Dental
Dental tips to help you have a great Valentine’s Day!
Be sure to keep your lips soft and moist. A good lip balm will keep your lips from being chapped and keep them kissable. As a bonus, some lip balms will impart a pleasant smell to your lips. Also, drink lots of water.
Besides making your lips soft and kissable, drinking water increases saliva production, which protects teeth from sugar, acids, and bacteria prevents dry mouth and makes your breath smell better.
Be careful of candy. Avoid candies with sticky fillings and candy that takes a long time to eat. They leave too much sugar in the mouth. Sugar-free candy is the best choice. Dark chocolate is a good option as it contains less sugar than other sweets, and fewer additives as well.
It also melts quickly, so it spends less time on the teeth. Dark chocolate doesn’t stick to teeth as other candies do. Make sure you go with a bar of chocolate instead of filled chocolates, which contain chewy centres that cause more damage.
Beat bad breath. Bacteria are the primary cause of bad breath, so good dental hygiene is your best defence against it. Brush twice a day and floss at least once. Other ways to stay fresh are over-the-counter antimicrobial mouthwashes or chewing sugarless gum.
Both can freshen your breath instantly and get saliva flowing—especially after you eat foods with a strong scent. You can control your breath on a date with a couple of strategies:
- Make sure to eat crunchy vegetables when possible– they scrub teeth and help wash out your mouth.
- Drink water, which doesn’t affect breath and washes the mouth.
- Drink more green juice and less coffee.
- Chew on fresh mint leaves or parsley.
- Don’t smoke (but you knew that already).
- If you use a mint or gum to freshen your breath, look for those that contain Xylitol. Studies have shown Xylitol fights bacteria and reduces the likelihood of future cavities. Chewing gum also stimulates saliva production, which helps keep your mouth fresh and clean.
Change your toothbrush. How long has it been since you got a new toothbrush? You should change your toothbrushes four times a year. So if you haven’t changed your toothbrush since Christmas, you probably aren’t cleaning your teeth to Valentine’s Day standards.
Give Healthy Valentine’s Day Gifts
You don’t have to give candy to your loved ones. Here are some thoughtful gifts that are dental-friendly.
- Pictures/picture frames. Give the gift of memories, not cavities.
- Tickets. Of course, get two tickets so that you can go as well!
- Flowers. Sure, it’s traditional, but it’s a good tradition!
- Fruits, veggies and other healthy snacks. Make sure that this kind of gift is well packaged. You can’t miss if your gift of healthy food is in a red, heart-shaped box!
- Movie night basket. Get a basket or popcorn bucket and fill it with healthy foods and movies (or a subscription to a movie site). It’s a gift and a date —all in one!
The Warner Lakes Brisbane Dental Care Experience
Warner Lakes Dental wants your visit to be the quickest and most convenient dental experience possible. From parking to treatment, we try to make the entire process as painless and straightforward as possible.
From routine check-ups and cleans to root canals, extractions, and cosmetic procedures, Warner Lakes Dental is your partner in dental health.
We want you and your family to enjoy life with a stunning smile and a healthy mouth, teeth, and gums!
Teeth Whitening Promotions
- Zoom Whitening In Chair $399
- Take Home Teeth Whitening $299
We are located at Warner Lakes Medical Precinct, 1185B Old North Road in Warner.