With the New Year arriving, many of us have already begun to consider what we should choose for New Year’s resolutions.
Last year, Warner Lakes Dental suggested some dental resolutions that you could follow to increase your dental and overall health.
This year, rather than do that (after all, every health and service site on the web seems to suggest New Year’s resolutions!), we decided to focus inwards – on the resolutions we make each year to help support you.
So, with wishes for a Happy New Year, here are things we have always resolved to do, during the New Year and beyond!
Perhaps most important, Warner Lakes Dental resolves to follow a dental code of conduct created by the Dental Board of Australia, which says, in part:
This code seeks to assist and support registered health practitioners to deliver effective regulated health services within an ethical framework.
Practitioners have a duty to make the care of patients or clients their first concern and to practise safely and effectively. Maintaining a high level of professional competence and conduct is essential for proper care.
The code contains important standards for practitioner behaviour in relation to:
- providing good care, including shared decision-making
- working with patients or clients
- working with other practitioners
- working within the healthcare system
- minimising risk
- maintaining professional performance
- professional behaviour and ethical conduct
- ensuring practitioner health
- teaching, supervising and assessing, and
In addition to following that code, we make the following resolutions to:
- Always greet you with a warm hello and friendly smile. We want you to feel comfortable in our office.
- Respect your concerns. At Warner Lakes Dental we know dentistry makes some people nervous. We do our best to make your visits as comfortable and listen to your concerns and accommodate and alleviate them.
- Give maximum value, giving top-notch dental services at competitive prices.
- Build an office environment of safety, comfort, and peace of mind.
- We resolve to respond to you quickly and in a way that addresses any issues you might have.
- We resolve to treat everyone equitably, regardless of age, race, creed, religion, socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or current health conditions.
- Respect your time. We work hard to ensure that your appointment starts when scheduled and ends when expected.
- Stay up to date with current dental knowledge and techniques through ongoing education and training.
- Provide a comfortable dental experience by using appropriate anaesthesia, technology, and behavioural approaches.
- Utilise applicable technologies to improve dental care, balancing cutting-edge tools and techniques with proven treatments.
- Treat you as one of our own – we want you to feel like family!
- Completely and honestly analyse your need for treatment before making recommendations.
- Give you a complete understanding of any proposed treatment including accurate information on potential expense.
- Discuss alternative treatments when they are the best choice
- Utilise our knowledge and experience to best demonstrate how to manage and improve oral health
- Follow standard of care sterilisation procedures to ensure your health and safety, and in general provide a hygienic environment for your dental care.
What you can do
Last year, we explored resolutions you could make, at length. Here is a shorter version of what we suggested.
Visit Warner Lakes Dental regularly. Unfortunately, some of us don’t regularly visit the dentist for regular checkups and cleans. This gives cavities and other oral issues the time to develop, entirely under the radar. By the time these issues become obvious, they are threats to your dental and overall health, as well as drains on your pocketbook.
Improve your daily dental hygiene habits. To keep your teeth as healthy as they can be, we recommend you brush twice a day for at least two minutes each time and floss at least daily. You should also change your toothbrush every 3-4 months, when bristles look old, or after colds and cases of flu.
Clean your tongue. Cleaning your tongue with a toothbrush or tongue scraper can significantly reduce the number of bacteria in your mouth.
Quit tobacco. Tobacco products of any kind can also lead to dental damage, tooth loss, and even cancer.
Quit drinking sugary liquids. Substituting water for sugary soda, juice, and energy drinks will pay off for your teeth and overall health.
Don’t misuse your teeth. You only have one set of teeth, so you should not abuse them by opening containers, biting your nails, cutting tape, or chewing on anything but food.
The Warner Lakes Brisbane Dental Care Experience
Warner Lakes Dental wants your visit to be the quickest and most convenient dental experience possible. From parking to treatment, we try to make the entire process as painless and straightforward as possible. From routine check-ups and cleans to root canals, extractions, and cosmetic procedures, Warner Lakes Dental is your partner in dental health.
We want you and your family to enjoy life with a stunning smile and healthy mouth, teeth, and gums!
Our Promotions Include:
- Affordable and quality veneers each at $990or 8 veneers for $7900
Teeth Whitening Promotions
- Zoom Whitening In Chair $399
- Take Home Teeth Whitening $299
Single tooth dental implants at affordable price
- Implant and fixtures for $2000and crown for only $1750
Call (07) 3448 0162 or visit us at Warner Lakes Medical Precinct, 1185B Old North Road in Warner.