Warner Lakes Dental works hard to give you a stunning smile in a healthy mouth.
Now, we can work equally hard to make sure that the skin and lips that surround that smile are also in the best possible condition.
With anti-wrinkle injections, we can create a natural-looking reduction in lines and wrinkles that gives your smile the background your teeth deserve.
Everyday muscular contractions while smiling, concentrating, or squinting in the sun can lead to fine lines in your delicate facial tissue. Anti-wrinkle injections can relax those contractions, giving you a younger, less-wrinkled look.
Let’s take a closer look at what anti-wrinkle injections can offer.
What are anti-wrinkle injectables?
Anti-wrinkle injectables are an effective way to soften fine lines and wrinkles using neurotoxins. They are injected directly into muscles that cause facial contractions, for example, the vertical frown lines between the brows. They work by blocking facial nerves from sending contraction messages to the muscles as facial expressions change.
This relaxes the muscle, and as a result the skin on top can release its wrinkles.
Anti-wrinkle injections are known to be useful for:
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- “Ironing out” deep skin creases
- Decreasing intensity or depth of concentration lines
- Making the facial and neck profile appear younger
- Reducing Marionette lines (nasolabial folds) around the lip and mouth area
- Improving overly gummy smiles
- Correcting lopsided smiles or other facial asymmetries
What is the actual ingredient in Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Neuromuscular Blockers including Botulinum-based substances are commonly used in anti-wrinkle injections. They are well-tolerated by healthy patients if appropriately injected, in a sterile setting, by trained professionals in Australia, following relevant guidelines.
While the injection is technically in the class toxin, similar neurotoxins are commonly found in plants, soil, water, and the intestinal tracts of animals. In other words, they are similar to substances that are found to exist in many different places in the natural environment.
Are anti-wrinkle injections painful?
An anti-wrinkle injection is administered with an extremely fine needle and takes just a few seconds, but we can apply a numbing gel to the skin beforehand.
- Are virtually painless with very low risk in the hands of our expert staff.
- Feel a little like a little ant bite with a sensation that lasts only a few seconds.
- Some of the solutions have ‘built-in’ topical numbing agents which help make the injections even more comfortable.
Are anti-wrinkle injections safe?
Here are two reasons anti-wrinkle injections for facial lines are well-tolerated:
- Anti-wrinkle injections have been in use for decades and have been vigorously and extensively tested. They are increasingly popular for effective anti-wrinkle and line-reduction injection treatments, in ‘wrinkle prevention injections’.
- Your Injecting Clinician is highly skilled and thoroughly trained, and using only reputable products in our safe and clean facilities.
Anti-wrinkle injections can be used for TMJ, Headaches and Bruxism Therapy
Your Warner dentist is knowledgeable about these injections as similar injections are used in the case of headaches or facial pain caused by temporomandibular disorders (TMD) or teeth grinding (or bruxism). They relax jaw muscles and reduce the amount of force you can exert subconsciously during sleep.
So they have multiple clinical uses!
Other important information
Anti-wrinkle injections are quick. Some injections can be a lunchtime treatment. A typical injection session lasts between 3 to 5 minutes.
Anti-wrinkle injections are temporary. Try them and see if you like the results or not. If you do, renew the treatment. If you don’t like the results, you can merely wait until they wear off in 3-6 months.
The side effects are usually mild. The side effects of cosmetic injections tend to be mild and highly adverse reactions are rare. No procedure or injectable is “no risk,” but cosmetic injections falls into the category of a low-risk cosmetic procedure.
Don’t take the treatment lightly, though, and be sure to choose highly trained professionals like those at Warner Lakes Dental.
Side effects include temporary swelling, redness, bruising, headaches, mild numbness or mild nausea. If these side effects occur at all, they normally pass quickly.
If you are considering receiving these anti-wrinkle injections:
- Carefully select your practitioner
- Receive full consultation before treatment
- Reveal your full health habits and your medical history
- Do research and get multiple opinions on what effects to ensure you have reasonable
- ONLY go with someone who you feel comfortable with
The Warner Lakes Dental Experience
Warner Lakes Dental wants your visit to be the quickest and most convenient dental experience possible. From parking to treatment, we try to make the entire process as painless and straightforward as possible. From routine check-ups and cleans to root canals, extractions, and cosmetic procedures, Warner Lakes Dental is your partner in dental health.
We want you and your family to enjoy life with a stunning smile and healthy mouth, teeth, and gums!
Talk to your Warner Lakes Dental dentist today to begin you journey towards the younger looking you!
Call (07) 3448 0162 or visit us at Warner Lakes Medical Precinct, 1185B Old North Road in Warner.